Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Learning Names

So, lately, Keira has been interested in people's names. I think it started with learning to introduce yourself at circle time at gymnastics (which she always practices for, but clams up when it is her turn). Miss Sara introduces herself, then says her favorite ____, then each child has a turn. So, we practice at home. She's curious and wants to know everyone's name. She asks to know Sydney's name, Tito Joel's name, mommy's name, the cow at Chickalay's name... Yesterday evening we were out to dinner with some friends and Dave asked what her name was. She laughed and then sang, "B-I-N-G-O," which got further laughs. When he asked her again, she said, "Johanna M'keon KIL-by." Today, I was on the phone with a friend and KJ got on. The friend asked, "Who is this?" and she replied, laughing, "JoKeon." Apparently Mommy's name is much more fun. She will answer correctly, now and then. In fact, I think we played our first travel game in the car this weekend, going around telling our name and our favorites. Her name got sillier and sillier as we went on. That's what no naps will do, I guess.

No comments: