Father's day preparations were in full swing, stealth-mode style early Saturday morning when the little blonde one woke up. Daddy stayed in bed, so I seized the moment, after some snuggles and Cheerios on the couch. We headed out onto the front porch (before 8:00 am!) and set to work with finger paint, making footprints for Daddy's cool card of a doggie playing electric guitar that she picked out for him. We played around with some extra paper and smearing it around on the plastic mat, and before you knew it, she was covered. We quietly went inside and cleaned up all the evidence, including getting paint off arms and legs and off her jammies.
Later, when Joel got up, he went into KJ's room to find us. Keira, proud as punch yells, "I colored your card, Daddy!" "Keira, don't tell him, it's a secret for Father's Day tomorrow!" Then, ever so quietly, she whispers to him, "I colored your card, Daddy!"

No comments:
Post a Comment