Tuesday, July 6, 2010

on file

Super. Just made my first call to poison control. KJ was sitting on the potty, not going (just an aside), and grabbed a tube of Bactroban cream as I walked into her room to clean up the powder she had spilled all over her floor and used on "white bear" earlier. Totally didn't even phase me that she was holding the cream, nor did I think she could open it. Literally 45 seconds later, I turn around to find cream all over the tube, her legs and her face and her licking her lips.
"Keira, is it in your mouth? Did you swallow it?" "Yeah." So, I took out a washcloth while giving her a stern talking to, about the dangers of randomly eating things or trying medicine without mommy giving it to her, wiped the inside of her mouth and promptly called Charlotte area poison control. Not to worry, she couldn't have ingested enough to do any thing, except it possibly could have a mild laxative effect. But, now we're on file.
Speaking of parent of the year awards, Joel let her fall in the toilet at our friends house this weekend. Not just her long tank top, but her. I'm just sayin'. Not the best track record for us this week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not to worry: 1. you both are still very good parents, in spite of these incidents; and 2. every parent has probably had to call poison control...otherwise there'd be no need for it; and 3. now you both are even in the parent of the year award
category. Big Poppa & Mema